Profaned prayer house Hagenburg

Complete profile
100

In the village of Hagenburg, to the west of Wunstorf, there is evidence that a small number of Jewish inhabitants lived there from the beginning of the 17th century - mostly in very poor circumstances. The few families initially held services in a private house in Steinhude; after differences between the members of the community, the Hagenburg Jewish community set up its own prayer room after 1840; a teacher was only employed on a temporary basis. Around 1860, eight Jewish families lived in Hagenburg.

National product trade - Gebrüder Abraham

Complete profile
90

The roots of the Landesprodktenhandlung " Gebrüder Abraham " go back to Ober-Olm in 1848/1849 to the brothers Bernhard and Alexander Abraham. Both were house owners in Ober-Olm and ran a trading business in agricultural products from there. Alexander Abraham was married to Rosalie Kaufmann from Marienborn. The couple had three children - Karl, born in 1857, Ludwig, born on May 15, 1852 and Raphael Leopold, who died at the age of 8.

Mandelsloh Jewish cemetery

Complete profile
90

The Mandesloh Jewish cemetery was laid out between 1825 and 1831. The last gravestones were probably removed in 1940.

The enclosure of the small cemetery area consists of a Jägerzau and a field maple hedge.

The cemetery is located on Wiklohstraße between Mandelsloh and Lutter in the Feldmark (geolocation: 52.608345, 9.536778).

Gröbzig city walk

Off
Off

Gröbzig, a small town in the district of Anhalt-Bitterfeld in Saxony-Anhalt, currently has a population of around 2,300. They are involved in over 20 associations. Numerous festivals and three museums are a focal point for visitors. Gröbzig was first mentioned in documents in 1176 in the feudal books of the Archbishops of Magdeburg. At that time it was still known as "Grobiske". A document from 1291 testifies that Gröbzig already had a fortified castle complex as "Castrum Grobceke" and was the center of a legal district.

Jewish Cemetery Gdansk (Stolzenberg) / Cmentarz żydowski w Gdańsku na Chełmie

Complete profile
100

The first known Jewish cemetery in today's Gdansk was probably established in Stolzenberg (Chełm) in the 16th or early 17th century. With an area of 23,000 square meters, the Stolzenberg Jewish cemetery is one of the oldest in Poland. The cemetery was partially destroyed in 1807 during the siege of Gdansk by Napoleon's army (entrenchments and the stationing of heavy cannons in the cemetery to fire on the fortress of Gdansk). In 1813, the cemetery was damaged again during the Wars of Liberation. In 1815, it was repaired and rebuilt with a tahara house and a guard house.

Old Jewish Cemetery Kołobrzeg - Żydowskie Lapidarium

Complete profile
70

The Jewish community in Kolberg, founded at the beginning of the 19th century, received land from the city administration for a cemetery in what was then Münderfeld.

Later this area was called Theaterpark (today Park Nadmorski, at the intersection of Zdrojowa and Adam Mickiewicza streets).

The agreement with the magistrate was signed on April 14, 1815. The agreement with the magistrate was signed on April 14, 1815 (previously, Jews from Kolberg buried their dead in cemeteries in neighboring towns, including Gryfice and Świdwin).

Swinoujscie Synagogue / Świnoujście

Complete profile
70

The construction of a synagogue was prepared in 1821 by the Jewish religious community of Swinoujscie. The merchant Isenthal extended the rear building of his home (Große Kirchenstraße, today Grunwaldzka) and made the new premises available to the Jewish community. This space soon became too small.  An application made by the Jewish community in 1853 to the state for support in the construction of a synagogue was initially rejected due to the insufficient number of members.

Old Jewish cemetery Swinoujscie / Świnoujście

Complete profile
100

At the beginning of the 19th century, there were still no Jews living in Swinoujscie. It was not until 1816 that two merchants settled here, who soon founded large and widely ramified families. They were Fürchtegott Isenthal and Jakob Benjamin Ehrlich. Two years later, the third merchant, Joseph Jacob Jacoby, joined them. Later, the Riegel, Kantorowicz and Stargarder families followed. Over the years, most of these families were related by blood or marriage.  The number of Jews increased very slowly. In 1925, the town was home to 128 Jewish citizens.