Rubber band weaving and suspenders factory - J. Heymann
The rubber band weaving and suspenders factory J. Heymann was named after Jonas Heymann. Before he founded the business "Galanterie- und Kurzwaren en gros", he worked as a cutler in Fürth. His sons Adolf, Leopold and Sigmund Heymann later took over the business and together they founded the rubber band weaving and suspenders factory first in Königstraße. The first expansion of the business took place in Salzstraße. Finally, in 1905, a new building in Art Nouveau style was erected on the site of the old buildings in Schwabacher Straße 117/119.
Gebr. Löwenthal - horse and cattle trade
Manufactory and fashion store - Koppel Brothers
Weaving mill - Raff & Sons
Hechingen
Jewish cemetery Hechingen
1955 was a "honorary plaque" für the murdered Jews in the cemetery hall attached.
2020/1 Since große parts of the north-western part of the cemetery and the cemetery hall are collapsed, the cemetery is currently being renovated. The renovation of the surrounding wall is about 3/4 completed. Therefore, the cemetery is currently closed.
Old town hall Hochberg
The Jewish cattle and horse dealer Ascher Weis built the house. Since 1887 it housed not only the office of the sheriff, the council chamber, the local jail and the fire department fire engine magazine. In the attic there was a rented apartment, which was occupied by the Kusiel family, one of the last Jewish families in Hochberg, from 1892 to 1905. Salomon Kusiel and Fanny Kusiel lived here with their three children Alice, Peppi and Siegfried. Salomon Kusiel died in exile in the Netherlands in 1940. Fanny Kusiel was murdered in the Sobibor concentration camp in 1943.