Jewish Community Duisburg-Mülheim-Oberhausen (Duisburg)
The Jewish community Duisburg-Mülheim exists since 1955. The double community joined in 1968 also the Jewish religious community Oberhausen. Today, the congregation consists of about 2,800 members. Many of them come from the successor states of the former Soviet Union. In 1999, the community center was inaugurated on the inner harbor of Duisburg, which was to replace the former community center in Mülheim.
Hamelin synagogue Bahnhofstraße
Jewish Community Center Steinstraße 4
Built jointly with the synagogue (designed by Constantin Uhde) and completed in 1875. The synagogue was destroyed on Pogrom Night in 1938 and completely demolished in 1940. The community hall remained.
Jewish Community Offenbach
Email:
info(at)jgof.com
Jewish Community Darmstadt
G'ttesdienstzeiten:
Kabbalat Shabbat: Fridays (from Simchat Torah to Pessach) at 18:30 clock - (from Pessach to Simchat Torah) at 19:00 clock
Shabbat: Saturdays at 09:30 clock
Email:
info(at)jg-darmstadt.de
Jewish Community Wankheim (Kusterdingen) Heerstrasse
The village of Wankheim came into the possession of the barons of Saint-André in the years 1760 and 1765 and thus did not belong to the Duchy of Württemberg. The basic prerequisite for the admission of Jews was thus created. In the surrounding Württemberg, on the other hand, there was a ban on settlement. In 1776, the local rulers decided to initially admit four Jews: David Dessauer, Samuel Levi, Jakob Herz and David Alexander. The new residents were housed in a house completed in 1784, a former barn that was converted by the barons.